R 1250 GS
With even more drive for adventure.
The new BMW R 1250 GS: concentrated performance meets impressive efficiency. With the new BMW R 1250 GS you will experience the new Boxer even more directly. The en-gine capacity increase brings you more performance – 136 hp and 1250 ccm. The variable camshaft control system BMW ShiftCam ensures superior power delivery – in the high and low-engine speed ranges. Whether in the city, on the motorway or, of course, off-road: every metres gives you more freedom and increases the riding pleasure. New styles and colours, numerous technical details and exciting options to individualise intensify the char-acter of the new BMW R 1250 GS.
Performance, efficiency, control.
The twin-cylinder boxer engine of the new R 1250 GS fascinates in its diversity right from the very first moment. Its character is unmistakeable – in every engine speed range. It offers you increased performance and smooth running at low speeds at the same time. The BMW ShiftCam variable camshaft control ensures more powerful torque curve over the entire engine speed range, providing greater control in every riding situation. Giving you power whenever you need it. More cubic capacity, more power – with higher efficiency. The strong performance with fewer gear changes gives you sovereignty. In short: You feel the boxer’s energy even more directly.
Connectivity with colour display as standard.
The 6.5-inch TFT colour display shows information such as speed and rpm, navigation, te-lephony, media and additional vehicle information. When darkness sets in or when riding through tunnels, the lighting and colour intensity of the display are automatically adjusted. Even in strong sunlight, all of the information is very easy to read.
Hill Start Controll HSC as standard.
The standard Hill Start Controll HSC makes starting on slopes easier. With the help of the handbrake lever, the rear brake can be easily applied. When riding off, the brake is released automatically.
BMW Motorrad Spezial.
BMW Motorrad Spezial offers particularly design-defining billed packs packages for the R 1250 GS. The HP billet packs underlines the sporty character of the machine with aluminium components. The Classic billet pack of the exclusive Option 719 sets stylish accents with high-quality components in a silver-coloured look. And the Option 719 Storm billet pack gives the machine a a unique rough look in silver-grey.
Full LED headlights as standard.
Both in low-beam and high-beam lighting, the illumination is wider and more homogeneous than conventional lights. In addition, the light is whiter, making contours clearer and signifi-cantly increasing passive safety.
Dynamic Brake Control.
DBC supports you in emergency braking by counteracting the often unwanted gas actuation in such an extreme situation. The intervention in the engine control reduces the engine torque. At the same time, the braking power is increased at the rear wheel. The result: more safety through the best possible use of the braking capacity to stabilize your bike and shorten the stopping distance.
|Type||Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing
system BMW ShiftCam.
|Bore x stroke||102,5 mm x 76 mm|
|Rated output||100 kW (136 PS) at 7.750 U/min|
|Max. torque||143 Nm at 6.250 U/min|
|Compression ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Mixture control||Electronic intake pipe injection|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4|
|Performance / fuel consumption|
|Maximum speed||over 200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC||4,75 l|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON), adapive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)|
|Alternator||three-phase alternator 510 W (nominal power)|
|Battery||12 V / 11,8 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Chassis / brakes|
|Frame||Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine|
|Front wheel location / suspension||BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring preload
hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
|Suspension travel front / rear||190 mm / 200 mm|
|Wheelbase (normal load)||1.525 mm|
|Castor (normal load)||99.6 mm|
|Steering head angle (normal load)||64.5°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheels|
|Rim, front||3.00 x 19″|
|Rim, rear||4.50 x 17″|
|Tyres, front||120/70 R 19|
|Tyres, rear||170/60 R 17|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), disengageable|
|Dimensions / weights|
|Seat height||850 / 870 mm (lowered suspension* 800 / 820 mm) *OE|
|Inner leg curve||1870 / 1910 mm (lower seat height* 1750 / 1790 mm) *OE|
|Usable tank volume||20 l|
|Reserve||approx. 4 l|
|Length (over mud guard)||2.207 mm|
|Height (over windshield)||1.430 mm|
|Wide (over mirror)||952,5 mm|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||249 kg|
|Permitted total weight||465 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||216 kg|
Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to guideline VO (EU) 168/2013 with all fluids, with standard equipment and fuelled with at least 90% of usable tank volume.
HP sports silencer
High-end perfection: the high-quality slip-on silencer made of titanium with carbon end cap ensures a robust sound and sporty look. In addition, the sports silencer manufactured by Akrapovic is lighter than the standard silencer.
Aluminium case black
The robust aluminium cases, now also available in black, offer a combined volume of 80 l. They are each lockable with two locks and offer lashing eyelets for further luggage. Central locking with motorcycle is possible.
• Off-road, robust aluminium case
• Volume: approx. 36 l (right), approx. 44 l (left)
• Watertight, dustproof, extremely high quality
• Optional: liners, carry handles
Atacama side pockets
Versatile soft bag luggage system with various features. Specially made for Globetrotters who do not shy away from rough terrain. Made of extremely tear-resistant material and with watertight removable liners. A quick-release system allows the side pockets to be quickly attached to the luggage rack of the bike and removed again. Luggage roll with backpack function.
• Atacama side pockets, 25 l + 35 l
• Atacama luggage roll 40 l
Large tank bag
The volume of the large tank bag with watertight main compartment can be varied from 11 to 15 litres. The water-repellent exterior pocket safely holds a 0.5-litre PET bottle. The map pocket is also water-repellent.
• Waterproof main compartment
• Highly water repellent map compartment, inside with non-slip PU coating
• Carry handle and detachable shoulder strap
• Optional: Vario insert for tank bag for flexible division of the interior
Chrome-plated rear silencer
The high-quality chrome-plated rear silencer harmonises perfectly with other chrome appli-cations of the machine.
Radiator cowls „Style“ black
The powder-coated black radiator cowls made of stainless steel visually complement the trim panel of the motorcycle and round off the sporty design.
Rear footrest bracket black
With them, the sporty design of the bike is underlined even more: the standard rear foot-rests are now also available in black.
ERGONOMICS AND COMFORT.
High rallye seat with luggage plate
• The one-piece high rallye seat is tailor-made for off-road use and offers tall drivers maximum freedom of movement when off-road.
• There is even room for the pillion passenger.
• The sleek, ergonomic and multi-coloured design make the rear end of the machine look particularly sporty.
Tinted rallye windshield
Optimal for off-road: small enough for a clear view of the terrain and the necessary freedom of movement when driving standing up.
Gearshift lever adjustable black
The adjustable gearshift lever provides better ease of use when standing. Comes with ad-justable toe piece.
BMW Navigator VI
• The multifunctional Navigator VI makes route planning child’s play. The system with a 16 GB flash memory and five-inch touchscreen always reliably leads the way.
• Thanks to the circular polarizing filter (CPOL), the waterproof display can be easily read even in direct sunlight. The high-resolution screen in a smartphone-like housing provides all the essential information and provides the necessary overview in every situation.
• Numerous additional functions make planning and touring an exciting experience. This allows routes to be created according to personal preferences in order to enjoy rides on winding and low-traffic side roads.
• On unfamiliar terrain, the „round trip“ option is particularly helpful, as it will always re-liably end back at the starting point.
• The Bluetooth connection to the BMW Motorrad communication system and the op-tional Smartphone Link app enable pure multimedia entertainment on the move: navi-gation announcements, telephone calls and music streaming, as well as the retrieval of weather forecasts or traffic jam information are no problem.
• Along with the navigation preparation, further functions like „My Motorcycle“ are also available, and it can also be controlled using the multi-controller on the handlebar.
• Anyone who has opted for the pre-installed map data is always up-to-date thanks to the lifelong, free map updates.
• One more thing: with the optional car installation kit, the Navigator VI is also the ideal travel companion in your car.
Enduro aluminium engine guard
• The sturdy enduro aluminium engine guard effectively protects the bottom of the en-gine from stone chipping and damage.
• The aluminium guard, which was specially designed for off-road use, is 2 mm thick and significantly wider and longer than the standard engine guard.
• The special shape also reinforces the machine’s off-road look.
Engine protection bar
• The robust engine guard made of polished stainless steel reliably protects the area of the cylinder from damage without restricting the freedom from inclination.
• The stable tube construction can even withstand rough impacts and can prevent major fall damage in the terrain and on asphalt.
LED auxiliary headlights
• The iconic fibre-optic conductor gives the innovative standard LED headlights that unmistakable face.
• The integrated daytime riding light also ensures better visibility and thus enhanced safety on the road