R 1200 RT
Infinite riding pleasure.
Greater comfort for a more intense experience. The motorcycle that defined the segment of classic touring bikes now reaches the next stage of its evolution: the new BMW R 1200 RT. The light handling of the R 1200 RT facilitates what is most important when touring: experiencing the landscape. Whether alone or with a passenger: the new R 1200 RT ensures for comfortable, relaxed riding on every tour.
More dynamic performance. More control.
The new RT is powered by a new air/water-cooled BMW boxer engine which provides powerful forward thrust with increased torque and an output of 125 bhp. Thanks to ASC – the highly active electronically controlled suspension – the machine is still easy to control and offers stability on all country roads. What is more, the standard modes ‚Rain‘ and „Road‘ can be activated at the press of a button to adapt the motorcycle perfectly to weather and road conditions. The on-board computer Pro and the familiar heated grips complete the range of basic equipment features.
More optional extras. More comfort.
The optional extras for the new RT enable even simpler handling while at the same time providing a higher level of comfort. The electronic suspension BMW Dynamic ESA adapts to changing surface conditions within a fraction of a second, for example. The riding mode ‚Dynamic‘ is additionally available as an optional extra, guaranteeing maximum riding fun for sporty, dynamic riders. The shift assistant Pro enables the rider to shift up and down without using the clutch or throttle valve. The reduced shift time means the rear wheel retains even better directional stability. The optional equipment riding modes Pro contains ABS Pro and Dynamic Brake Light.
Keyless Ride offers even greater convenience: this system means a mechanical key is no longer needed and you have your hands free in every situation. Other optional extras: a central locking system which also locks both cases by remote control, a cruise control function and much more besides. And last but not least: the new traction assistant makes every hill climb a breeze.
More design. More impressive.
A supreme touring bike with an impressive design, too: the use of transparent materials conveys lightness and agility.
The new R 1200 RT – more impressions per kilometre.
|Type||Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft|
|Bore x stroke||101 mm x 73 mm|
|Rated output||92 kW (125 hp) at 7,750 rpm|
|Max. torque||125 Nm at 6.500 rpm|
|Compression ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Mixture control / engine management||Electronic intake pipe injection|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4|
|Performance / fuel consumption|
|Maximum speed||over 200 km/h|
|Consumption w.r.t WMTC for 100km||4.96 l|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON)|
|Alternator||Three-phase alternator 540 W|
|Battery||12 V / 16 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Chassis / brakes|
|Frame||Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit|
|Front wheel location / suspension||BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable|
|Suspension travel front / rear||120 mm / 136 mm|
|Steering head angle||63.6°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheels|
|Rim, front||3.50 x 17″|
|Rim, rear||5.50 x 17″|
|Tyres, front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Tyres, rear||180/55 ZR 17|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)|
|Dimensions / weights|
|Width (incl. mirrors)||982.8 mm (incl. panniers: 984.5 mm)|
|Height (excl. mirrors)||1,415.6 mm|
|Seat height, unladen weight||805 / 825 mm (high seat*: 830 / 850 mm; low seat*: 760 / 780 mm) *OE|
|Inner leg curve, unladen weight||1.,810 / 1,850 mm (high seat*: 1,875 / 1,915 mm; low seat*: 1,740 / 1,780 mm) *OE|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||276 kg|
|Permitted total weight||495 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||219 kg|
|Usable tank volume||25 l|
|Reserve||approx. 4 l|
Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to Directive 93/93/EEC with all fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable fuel tank
Water-tight topcase with painted cover in white aluminium metallic matt:
• Large storage space (approx. 49 l), enough for 2 helmets
• Standard backrests for increased comfort of the pillion passenger
• Mounting: simple and convenient without additional parts thanks to a rotation mechanism on the standard luggage carrier
• 2 gas-filled shock absorbers to provide support when opening
• 2 alternative designs: full equipment (only in conjunction with central locking system optional accessory): including electric connection, central locking, interior lighting, topcase bottom section with carpet. Light: reduced scope (no electrics, central locking, interior lighting, carpet)
• Weight: approximately 10 kg
• Maximum payload: 10 kg
• Recommended maximum speed with topcase attached: 180 km/h
• Optional: inner bags for topcase, storage compartment for topcase, additional brake light for topcase (only for topcase with full equipment), topcase lid cover, chrome-plated
Inner bags for touring panniers and topcase
Functional inner bags made of high-quality woven polyester.
• Highly water-resistant
• Perfect fit for maximum utilisation of volume
• Stable floor and reinforced side walls for good hold and a highly rigid construction
• Detachable shoulder strap with adjustable padding
Inner bag for touring panniers:
• Peripheral zip fastener for optimal accessibility
• Practical interior dividers for fixing clothing and other luggage items (cover with bungee-cord spider, net for space dividing)
• Zip outer bags for small parts
• Central carry handle
Inner bag for topcase:
• Cover with long zip fastener, can be folded easily for optimum accessibility
• 2 zip outer bags for small parts (1 on the side, 1 on the cover)
• 2 carry handles that can be easily and securely stored away at the side
• BMW Motorrad lettering and small BMW logo
• Colour: black
Highly functional tank bag made of hard-wearing PVC-coated polyester fabric.
• Precisely adjusted floor panel made from EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) with non-slip PU coating
• Water-tight main component with approx. 11 l capacity
• Inner bag made of nylon mesh with PU coating
• Water-tight thanks to roll closure and taped seams
• Zip fastener can be locked (lock not included in the scope of delivery)
• Carry handle and removable carry strap
• R 1200 RT lettering on the side
• Colour: black
• Optional: Vario insert for tank bag for flexible division of the interior
Highly water-resistant map pocket:
• Large access opening via double sided zip fastener (in the main compartment)
• Non-slip PU coating on the inside
• Water-resistant zip fastener outer bag with bottle holder function: a pull-cord on the inside safely accommodates a 0.5-l PET-bottle, which can be quickly grabbed during a short stop
• Higher and wider than the standard windscreen
• Maximum wind and weather protection for rider and pillion passenger
• Excellent aero-acoustic properties
• With scratch-resistant coating for permanent transparency
• R 1200 RT label in the bottom section
• General Operating Permit (ABE)
Chrome-plated case strip, chrome-plated topcase lid trim
• Tried and tested by K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL
• High-quality chrome highlights for vehicle refinement
• Replace the standard black plastic trims
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION.
Enjoy the best rides of your life.
Let the new Navigator VI take you on some of the best rides of your life. The large 5 inch touchscreen will show you the way to unlimited riding enjoyment. The display features a circular polarization filter (CPOL) that minimizes reflections while improving the contrast and guarantees optimal readability even in direct sunlight. Experience new routes and destinations using the ‚Curvy Roads‘ planning option, the ‚Avoid larger main roads‘ feature, and the ‚Round trip‘ function for round trips by time, distance or intermediate destination. To help you enjoy the best views along the way, the ‚Natural Guidance‘ prompts provide you with a precise description of the surrounding area. You set the soundtrack for your journey: with Bluetooth technology and the new „Music Streaming“ feature you can listen to titles stored on your smartphone. Be the director and control compatible ‚Action Cams‘ directly from the navigator.
In conjunction with the navigation preparation, even more groundbreaking functions such as the ‚My motorcycle‘ pages, warning and status messages, as well as the optional ‚Smartphone Link‘ app for real-time traffic information and current weather reports will turn your tour into a multimedia experience. The Navigator VI can also be comfortably and safely operated from the handlebars on BMW motorcycles with navigation preparation using the Multi-Controller.
You’ll also receive free lifelong updates to the preinstalled map data.
One more thing: with the optional car installation kit, the Navigator VI is also the ideal travel companion in your car.
Enjoy the best rides of your life.
The Navigator V with the large 5″ TFT colour display is the perfect electronic scout for committed bikers. The BaseCamp software lets you plan your favourite routes down to the very last detail. Pick the quickest or the shortest route, or go with the ‚twisting roads‘ option if you prefer the most exciting. The smartphone link app option for traffic information in real time plus weather forecasts tells you exactly what you need to know right when you need it. TTS navigation announcements with detailed descriptions of your surroundings will keep you informed about everything around you on your chosen route. Bluetooth technology and the optional BMW Motorrad communication system transmit routing instructions straight to your helmet by wireless link, and you can use the handsfree function for phone calls.
One more thing: Fit the Navigator V to a BMW motorcycle with navigation preparation and you can keep your hands on the grips at all times and operate the functions conveniently and safely using the Multi-Controller. Map data come pre-installed, and you have lifelong free updates.
Cylinder head cover guard
• Stainless steel cylinder head cover guard
• Comprehensive protection of the cylinder head cover from scratches and stone chips
• Plastic contact guard at outside, replaceable
• Large inner rubber buffer
• BMW Motorrad logotype on contact guard
Safety screw for oil filler cap
• Oil filler cap, lockable with Special Allen key
• Protects the lid from theft and stops foreign substances from entering the oil circuit.
• Milled aluminium, surface silver anodized
• BMW Boxer lettering
• Delivery includes Special Allen key and O-ring
• Paddock stand for rear wheel swinging arm, welded from sturdy stainless steel square tube
• Enables you to jack up motorcycles quickly
• Universally applicable for many BMW Motorrad models
• Functions: thanks to the hollow rear axle, the cross member of the paddock stand is slid. The rear wheel can be lifted using the lever. The diameter of the cross member is adjusted using an adapter.
*The special equipment or optional accessories listed on this page are only an excerpt from the latest BMW Motorrad customization range. All special equipment, optional accessories and packages can be found in the BMW Motorrad configurator.