R 1250 RT
Do it your way.
The new BMW R 1250 RT gives you freedom, and more of it than ever before. The variable camshaft control system BMW ShiftCam ensures superior running smoothness and comfort. For swift cornering and immense torque on the straights. The new Twin-cylinder Boxer engine and its 136 hp 1250 ccm engine let you effortlessly experience the countryside. And your RT is unique thanks to new individualisation options: it’s your tour, it’s your bike.
Built for touring.
Anticipation and excitement are the most beautiful companions on any tour. With the start of your R 1250 RT, you can feel the superior qualities of the Twin-cylinder Boxer engine. Its performance and enhancement in character of running fascinate in every engine speed range: the variable camshaft control BMW ShiftCam ensures a smooth unleashing of pow-er throughout the entire engine speed range and boosts your control. Thanks to more cubic capacity and more power with more efficiency, your riding pleasure intensifies mile upon mile. The high torque curve, the elasticity and the irresistible power with fewer gear changes quickly become indispensable companions.
BMW Motorrad Spezial.
You now have even more options to make your BMW R 1250 RT your bike: whether you go for one of the design-defining Option 719 billet packs parts Classic and Storm or the HP billet packs, all three are very exclusive and high-quality ex factory individualisation options. In addition, you can adapt your bike with the new Option 719 wheels Classic and Sport to even better suit your own personal taste – also ex factory.
Hill Start Assist HSC as standard.
The standard hill start assist HSC makes starting on slopes easier. Because with the help of the handbrake lever, the rear brake can be easily applied.
HP sports silencer.
The HP sports silencer gives your R 1250 RT a robust sound and a sporty look. The silencer is made entirely of titanium.
Dynamic Brake Control.
DBC assists you in emergency braking by counteracting the often unwanted gas opera-tion in such an exceptional situation: a control intervention reduces engine torque and at the same time the system increases the braking power at the rear wheel. This results in increased safety and optimal use of braking power to stabilise your bike and shorten the braking distance. For a feeling of supreme confidence when touring.
|Type||Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam.
|Bore x stroke||102.5 mm x 76 mm|
|Rated output||100 kW at 7,750 rpm|
|Max. torque||143 Nm at 6,250 rpm|
|Compression ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Mixture control||Electronic intake pipe injection|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4|
|Performance / fuel consumption|
|Maximum speed||over 200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC||4.75 l/100km|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON)
adapive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)
|Alternator||three-phase alternator 508 W (nominal power)|
|Battery||12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Chassis / brakes|
|Frame||Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine|
|Front wheel location / suspension||BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travelrelated
damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at
handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwhee
|Suspension travel front / rear||120 mm / 136 mm|
|Wheelbase, normal load with rider||1,485 mm|
|Castor, normal load with rider||116 mm|
|Steering head angle, unloaded||64.1°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheels|
|Rim, front||3.50 x 17″|
|Rim, rear||5.50 x 17″|
|Tyres, front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Tyres, rear||180/55 ZR 17|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)|
|Dimensions / weights|
|Seat height||805 / 825 mm (OE low seat: 760 / 780 mm; OE high seat: 830 / 850 mm)|
|Inner leg curve||1,810 / 1,850 mm (OE low seat: 1,740 / 1,780 mm; OE high seat: 1,875 / 1,915)|
|Usable tank volume||approx. 25 l|
|Reserve||approx. 4 l|
|Height (at windshield)||min. 1,405 mm; max. 1,570 mm
(Style Sport: min. 1,360 mm; max. 1,480 mm)
|Width (incl. mirrors)||985 mm|
|Width (incl. side cases)||990 mm|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||279 kg|
|Permitted total weight||505 kg|
Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to guideline VO (EU) 168/2013 with all fluids, with standard equipment and fuelled with at least 90% of usable tank volume.
HP sports silencer
High-end perfection: the high-quality slip-on silencer made of titanium with carbon end cap ensures a robust sound and sporty look. In addition, the sports silencer manufactured by Akrapovic is lighter than the standard silencer.
Light white aluminium touring topcase
The large, waterproof topcase, with a volume of 49 l, offers a lot of space and is equipped with a backrest pad as standard. It can be attached directly to the standard luggage carrier in just one quick step.
Inner bags for touring case and touring topcase
• The matching inner bags for the touring cases and touring topcases bring a sense of order to your luggage and make loading and unloading easier.
• Thanks to the carry handle and shoulder strap, the bags can be quickly and effort-lessly transported by hand.
• Practical details include the attached exterior pockets, the three-sided zip fastener on the inner bag for the cases and the wide-open lid on the inner bag for the topcase
Tank bag, 11 l
• The tank bag with its lockable interior (volume approx. 11 l) and map pocket is highly waterproof.
• In the water-repellent exterior pocket, a 0.5 l PET bottle can be stored securely.
• With carry handle and removable carry strap.
Case strip, chrome-plated
The high-quality and shapely case strips are chrome-plated and give the motorcycle a distinctive and elegant look.
Touring topcase chrome-plated lid faceplate
The touring topcase can also be finished with a chrome-plated cover plate, which when combined with the chrome-plated case strips results in a harmonious overall impression.
Chrome-plated handlebar end weights
The chrome-plated handlebar end weights are perfectly harmonized with other accents such as the elegant chrome strip for the case and topcase.
ERGONOMICS AND COMFORT.
The higher and wider comfort windscreen ensures optimum touring comfort in all kinds of weather. It stands out thanks to its outstanding aeroacoustics and its scratch-resistant coating ensures lasting transparency.
Rider’s seat low with heated seat, black
• The rider’s seat in black, w+C10:C33ich is 45 mm lower than the standard seat, makes mounting your bike easier and improves accessibility to the ground.
• The seat can be installed in two positions, enabling a seat height of 760 or 780 mm.
• In addition, it gives the rider excellent comfort for many miles of carefree riding.
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION.
BMW Navigator VI
• The multifunctional Navigator VI makes route planning child’s play.
• The system with a 16 GB flash memory and five-inch touchscreen always reliably leads the way.
• Thanks to the circular polarizing filter (CPOL), the waterproof display can be easily read even in direct sunlight. The high-resolution screen in a smartphone-like housing provides all the essential information and provides the necessary overview in every situation.
• Numerous additional functions make planning and touring an exciting experience. This allows routes to be created according to personal preferences in order to enjoy rides on winding and low-traffic side roads. On unfamiliar terrain, the „round trip“ op-tion is particularly helpful, as it will always reliably end back at the starting point.
• The Bluetooth connection to the BMW Motorrad communication system and the op-tional Smartphone Link app enable pure multimedia entertainment on the move: navi-gation announcements, telephone calls and music streaming, as well as the retrieval of weather forecasts or traffic jam information are no problem.
• Along with the navigation preparation, further functions like „My Motorcycle“ are also available, and it can also be controlled using the multi-controller on the handlebar.
• Anyone who has opted for the pre-installed map data is always up-to-date thanks to the lifelong, free map updates.
Cylinder head cover guard
In any case, the stainless steel cylinder-head cover guard provides comprehensive protec-tion against damage.
Safety screw for oil fill cap, black
Small but elegant: this safety screw that can be locked using a special Allen key is made of milled aluminium and prevents unauthorized removal of the oil filler cap.
LED auxiliary headlights
• The powerful LED auxiliary headlights in a compact aluminium housing guarantee that you can both see and be seen better even in fog, rain or snowfall.
• At the same time, they facilitate a differentiated illumination of the road and serve as a perfect addition to the main headlights with their white, daylight-like light colour.
• The LED technology ensures almost wear-free operation.